Bradford's Daylily Plantation
Cart 0

A Hobby turned Obsession

 
DeckBridge_2861.JPG

Bradford's

Daylily

Plantation

This suburban garden owned and operated by Patty and Henry Bradford in northeast Covington, Louisiana is home for over 500 different daylily cultivars, over 10,000 seedlings, and countless other perennials and annuals.

The Bradford's Daylily Plantation was featured in the October, 2015 issue of Louisiana Gardener.  The Bradford hybridizing program has also been featured in The Daylily Journal Winter 2016 representing AHS Region 13.

The garden is open for tours by appointment only from April through June.  Email info@bradfordsdaylilyplantation.com to set up a date and time.

 

2017 Introductions

Shop Now

Tiger Tim Coffey IMG_0734.JPG

Quality
Promise

 

Our daylilys are freshly dug, healthy, state inspected, bloom-size plants. We will replace Spring daylily purchases lost within their first year in your garden.

Our
Hybridizers

Our hybridizing programs are perfect examples of hobbies out of control and are as different from each other as "Mars and Venus."  Patty's program emphasizes pastel colors and patterned eyes with edges, with 80 percent of her program dealing with patterns leaving 20 percent to creating soft pretty faces.  Henry's program consists of bold colors (red, purple and orange to gold) with ruffles and teeth.  His background in molecular biology has widened his interest from not only converting diploids to tetraploids and working with flat forms, but also to being intrigued by the observation of meta-chromatic (color change) expression.

 
DayliliesMass2_2880.JPG